Matthew C. Lefferts
Matt has been with the firm since 1999, and represents individuals and entities in all aspects of the entertainment industry, focusing on theater, branded entertainment, television, digital media and film.
Matt is listed by Super Lawyers New York Metro edition in the field of Entertainment & Sports in 2013-2014, and 2016- Present. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association and its Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section. He regularly lectures on theater law and finance and branded entertainment, including as a guest instructor for the Commercial Theater Institute and at the Columbia University Law & Theatre Seminar.
- Representing major Broadway and Off-Broadway theater producers, authors and underlying rights owners in all areas of live theater, including the acquisition of underlying rights and financing of major musicals and dramatic plays, and negotiation of deals with authors, directors and other creators.
- Counsel for entertainment related companies ranging from major media agencies, international content companies, internet distribution companies and online networks, to production companies and brand incubators in connection with the development, production and distribution of branded entertainment projects for the internet, television and mobile platforms.
- Production counsel for content owners and producers of scripted, reality and documentary television programming, as well as for theatrical motion pictures, including independent films and documentaries.
- Representing individual talent (writers, actors, producers, directors, composers) in all areas of entertainment.
- Negotiating endorsements and spokesperson deals on behalf of talent and companies.