FWRV Maintains Chambers’ Elite Ranking
POSTED ON November 26, 2019 / IN
“Renowned entertainment boutique”
The 2019 edition of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Chambers USA, has once again named FWRV one of three top-ranking New York firms in the category of Media and Entertainment practice, covering film, music, television and theater.
Chambers commended FWRV as a “[r]enowned entertainment boutique capable of handling a wide array of transactions across the film, television, music, theater, and publishing fields.” Chambers also noted that the firm “represents film and television studios, record labels, advertisers and financiers involved in the entertainment industry,” and that the firm “[f]requently negotiates talent and employment agreements for prominent executives in the entertainment sector.”
Four of the firm’s partners were cited in particular as “notable practitioners” in the Media and Entertainment category.
Michael Rudell “continues to be regarded as an ‘excellent’ media and entertainment partner,” whose knowledge and experience “includes representing authors, journalists, television producers and other individuals.” He also was designated the sole Senior Statesperson in Media & Entertainment: Film & Television.
Elliot Brown (listed in Band 1 of Leading Individuals of the Media & Entertainment: Theatre category) is described as a “preeminent theater expert who acts for a wide range of clients involved in the production of Broadway shows.” He is also “a very experienced lawyer” and “terrific to work with.” Citing the firm’s strengths, Chambers wrote: “They are excellent and very experienced theater lawyers.”
Nick Gordon is “described by sources as ‘a true professional and skilled communicator,’” and “offers considerable expertise in media and entertainment matters, with a particular emphasis on transactions in the music sector.” Nick Gordon is also listed in Band 1 of Leading Individuals of the Media & Entertainment: Music category.
Ken Weinrib, is ranked in Band 2 of Leading Individuals in the Media & Entertainment: Film & Television category whose experience “encompasses talent, production and employment agreements” and “act[ing] for a myriad of stakeholders in the film and television industry.”
- 2018 Edition: “Fellow practitioners say: ‘It’s a high, high-quality practice. They are who I’d send a referral or a conflict to.’”
“Sources point out the firm’s ‘very strong live stage practice’ as a particular highlight.”
- 2017 Edition: A “[r]enowned entertainment boutique capable of handling a wide array of transactions across the film, television, music, theater, and publishing fields.” The firm “represents film and television studios, record labels, advertisers and financiers involved in the entertainment industry,” and that the “firm [f]requently negotiates talent and employment agreements for prominent executives in the entertainment sector.”
- 2016 Edition: A boutique firm with a well-established reputation in film, television, music and theater. Also represents authors and other writers, as well as investors in the media and entertainment space.
Strengths (Quotes mainly from clients):
“I like that there’s somebody there with a great level of expertise in every area we need, and they work exceptionally well together in their different departments.”
“A great law firm that does it all. Their people are excellent in their areas.”
- 2015 Edition: Offers clients a wealth of experience handling significant media and entertainment transactions in the film, television, theater and music industries.
- 2014 Edition: Boutique entertainment practice comprising highly skilled practitioners. Offers extensive expertise across both new media and traditional media platforms. “There are excellent people there.”
- 2013 Edition: This boutique entertainment firm continues to represent clients from all corners of the industry, from traditional television, film, music and theater to more innovative new media. It is commended for its breadth and depth of industry knowledge. Sources say: “High quality!”
- 2012 Edition: This superb boutique is recognized throughout the market for the quality and range of services it provides to clients in the industry. The firm has expertise across the spectrum of film, television, music and theater issues, and in addition to its strengths in these areas, is widely sought after to advise on publishing, branded entertainment and digital media. Sources say: “A quality firm.” “They are excellent.”
- 2011 Edition: This highly regarded firm continues to provide clients with superior standard of service. Its exceptional media and entertainment team offers wide-ranging counsel relating to motion picture and TV work, publishing and live theater. Sources say: “This is an excellent firm that provides a broad high-quality practice.”
- 2010 Edition: This group excels thanks to its exceptional team of specialists who provide a broad range of expertise in issues relating to the film, TV, theater, music and publishing industries. Clients range from actors, directors and TV production companies, through to major music labels and film studios. Sources say:“At the top of the field due to the breadth and exceptional quality of the practice.”
- 2009 Edition: “Entertainment law runs through the veins of this firm,” which attracts praise for “its creativity, approachability and top quality counsel.” The group advises producers and investors in TV, film and theater and acts for authors involved in TV and motion picture deals.
- 2008 Edition: “A responsive outfit full of imaginative and innovative lawyers.” Sources say that this significant boutique is a prolific performer on noteworthy issues in entertainment, where it acts for authors on their film rights and on topics relating to financing agreements. The team “produces incredibly reliable advice” and continues to be “an incredibly strong choice” for theater, motion pictures production and distribution, music publishing and recordings, and independent film production companies.